Best When Paired Together- Hardscaping & Landscaping
Hardscaping and landscaping should always be considered together when creating an outdoor design for your yard and home. Your outdoor living area can only meet its full potential when the two are blended to create the most functional and aesthetically pleasing designs possible!
Hardscape Elements & Considerations
- Help to create different destinations and usable areas within a design.
- Added features should reflect your home’s existing architectural style to blend in and appear as a natural extension of your living space.
- Hardscapes are generally low maintenance. Creating hard areas like patios and walkways significantly reduces the cost and time of maintaining your outdoor living area.
- Require careful planning and proper installation, taking the environment, soil, and amount of use (including foot traffic and vehicle traffic) into consideration.
- Hardscape elements like patios, outdoor kitchens, and fire features create more square footage for you to furnish and enjoy with family and friends year-round!
Landscape Elements & Considerations
- Softens the hard edges of your patio, walkway, deck, or driveway.
- Blends hardscape elements and make the overall design appear as one large extension of your living space.
- Grow and change over time making your space dynamic and seasonal. Plants and shrubs need to be carefully chosen to obtain the desired as ethic look for you home year-round.
- Landscape elements also need to reflect the realities of what would best thrive in our midwestern climate and various seasons.
- Too much landscaping leads to an overgrown jungle look that no longer feels intentional and can look messy. Not only that, but it can also add a large amount of pruning, trimming, and weeding to your to-do list.
Work With Exterior Enterprises!
There are important considerations in terms of skill level when considering who is designing and installing the hardscape and landscape portions of your project. Luckily, the pros at Exterior Enterprises have 20+ years of experience! The professionals at Exterior Enterprises can work together with you to discuss different design options and make your dreams come to life.
Thinking about completing a new project such as new a new patio? Or maybe interested in Outdoor kitchens, Fire pits, Retaining walls, or Pergolas? Having a beautiful and well-designed yard can greatly increase curb appeal and the value of your home. Contact the Exterior Enterprises team to get a quote!